Sunday, February 26, 2012

Antique Quilt Make-Over: Choices, Choices and More choices

I think this is my favorite arrangement  and then my 2nd choice












I think I like having a 3 and a 4 stemmed flower on each horizontal row (see above) rather than 3 next to 3 like these two examples












And just for giggles, down and up       OR  up and down
(Don't think I can handle either of these arrangements.)












And now to decide about inner sashing or whether to put a floral applique in the center???  And what about inner border?  outer border?  Do I want to do a red, green and cheddar zigzag triangle border, like on this antique applique quilt?  I would do it in a larger scale  but the nice thing about this zigzag is it is all triangles and could be paper pieced.

Or do I want to make a big zigzag like this one, found on an amazing Bethlehem Star with Lilies from PA -- again see the Pennsylvania color scheme that keeps inspiring me.  Problem with this one, is I'll have to figure out how to piece it and I don't know if I can paperpiece it?


 Or maybe I will just do a big flying geese border?  Any suggestions???

3 comments:

  1. I love the second choice layout and I would go with the zigzag border in r, g, cheddar :)
    can't wait to see more.
    will this be a pattern someday????? LOVE the blocks.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love the red, green and cheddar border. Just seems to fit the style of the blocks. So many choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these blocks and your choice of the arrangement. I think I'd applique the bottom wide zig zag-I actually think it would be easier than piecing. (I figured that out after trying something similiar and after piecing the borders never attaching them and appliquing instead.The applique went fast to as its really straight lines.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...