Friday, February 10, 2012

Antique Makeover PA Style, Part 2

Block 2 of my current challenge quilt (reproducing several antique quilts).  See prior post for the 1st block, challenge fabrics and inspirations. http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com/2012/01/antique-makeover-revisited-pa-style.html

This block is an adaptation of 2 different basket blocks.  My main inspiration was a circa 1860, 9 block whig rose, rose of sharon or democrat rose quilt with a great floral basket border part of my antique quilt collection.



I wasn't super fond of the center flower so I substituted the center of an elaborate  4 block Pot of Flowers quilt, circa 1875, also part of my collection.

Here's a close-up from the Whig Rose, Rose of Sharon, enjoy!  Check out the amazing intense quilting.  Triple line, triple rod quilting, very close.

4 comments:

  1. Very gorgeous pattern and yes, the quilting in the quilt is so awesome!
    Thank you for sharing it with us. It's always nice to have the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm mmm mmm, looks gorgeous! Just what I needed to see to start off my beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh another block. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...