Friday, April 15, 2011

Alliances: People, Patterns, Passion Contest Voting


The voting for the 2011 Alliance for American Quilts is now open -- through April 20th.  My entry is quilt #117, Virginia is for Lovers.  It is hand appliqued and hand quilted and based on an antique quilt in my collection.
I would love to win the Handi Quilter quilting machine and hope that you will consider voting for me.  You must be a member to vote but it is not too late to join the Alliance;  an excellent organization that does so much to preserve the history of American Quilts.  I especially enjoy the Quilt Index.  If you join by April 19th, Amy will email you a ballot.  You can join on the Alliance website and pay by credit card or paypal, it is only $25.00 (tax deductible) and again it goes to a great group.


Here is  my challenge quilt along with the antique inspiration, a circa 1845 crib quilt from the Shenandoah valley of Virginia.  Thanks for visiting and for considering my quilt.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...