Saturday, December 26, 2015

Day 26 - Sending Sunshine

After wintery days, it is nice to remember the summer sunshine so I'm sharing a few miniature landscapes I've made in honor of my home in Moab, Utah in the high desert.
This is one of my all time favorite quilts: Miniature Moab Landscape (9" w X 6.5" h). It shows the beauty of my hometown of Moab, Utah. It won best miniature (hand quilted) at the 2004 Springville Quilt Show at the Springville Art Museum (Utah) and also best miniature at the 2003 Utah Quilt Guild. Also shown at the NQA show. I like working small.
Mini Moab Landscape - pattern is available on my etsy shop.


This vertical version is a bit bigger but still only 8 1/2" x 11 (page sized).
My Corner of the World,  made for the 2006 Journal Quilt Project - a special exhibit shown at the Houston International Quilt Show.  Page sized, part of my miniature Moab, Utah  landscape series.

It is over a 100 degrees almost everywhere in Utah today and I think this quilt captures the feeling of HOT, HOT, HOT!



The postcard I made for the Cyber Fyber art exchange and exhibition. The 3rd in my Moab Landscape series (click on landscape quilt on right to see the other two). It was interesting to develop a new technique (machine applique, no raw edges) to make this mini quilt. I attached the pieces with yarn and decorative trims, sewing over the folded seam allowances: piecing, quilting and embellishing all in one step. #1 in the series was all hand appliqued and hand quilted so this was quite a departure but definitely a technique I will use again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...