Saturday, December 12, 2015

day 12 Folk Art


I still get a kick out of this little folk art scene! My original Design. Hand appliqued and hand quilted.




If you'd like to try you hand at this one, the pattern is available at my etsy shop.


Folk art -art made by us folks- doesn't have to follow stuffy rules like size or scale. It is okay to make a giant sunflower and a cat as big as a purple house. Sewn with a running/gather top stitch that adds a decorative detail to the appliques. It is relaxing to not worry about hiding stitches.


Full quilt is 16" x 16"
I echo quilted around the appliques and added in a sun in the corner. I used variegated thread to add interest.

1 comment:

  1. I like a quilt with a tall saltbox style house. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...