Friday, December 11, 2015

day 11 - Q is for Quilt


Another one of my favorite quilts is this miniature made for the Quilt Alliance Crazy Quilt Challenge. It won an Honorable Mention in the challenge.


Q is for Quilt. I still remember how long it took to stitch each of those little * in the swag - yes, it was by machine but still slow and yet FUN!!! These are like before/after pics.

Here's what the paperpieced letters look like before they get the decorative stitching/quilting. I use 2
 layers of batting and embroider and quilt at the same time.
Love creating word play quilts and you can see I took the "Crazy Quilt" challenge quite literally!


The full quilt is only 16" x 16" with 120 different fabrics - YES'm you read that right. I squeezed in a lot of fabrics in a small quilt. It is a easy quilt to make and there is a pattern available. Email me for details or wait a few days for me to get it on my etsy shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...