Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cyber Fyber exchange

The postcard I made for the Cyber Fyber art exchange and exhibition. The 3rd in my Moab Landscape series (click on landscape quilt on right to see the other two). It was interesting to develop a new technique (machine applique, no raw edges) to make this mini quilt. I attached the pieces with yarn and decorative trims, sewing over the folded seam allowances: piecing, quilting and embellishing all in one step. #1 in the series was all hand appliqued and hand quilted so this was quite a departure but definitely a technique I will use again.
---------------
This is the ATC -artist trading card also made for Cyber Fyber, a couching/embellishing practice piece. Can you tell I like yarn embellishing? Click on art exchange to see the ATC and postcard I received from Susan Lenz who organized this huge international art exchange or scroll down.
Click here to view all the ATC and postcards (the online exhibition) and learn about the live exhibit currently showing in Columbia, South Carolina through January 20, 2009.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Goodness I love your fabric postcards--little bits of art aren't they. You amaze me at the creativity that is displayed in all the work that you do. Neat blog. Thanks for giving me the link again. It was great seeing you in Moab.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...